The knights’ castle of Beaufort was built between 1050 and 1650, during four different construction periods. Walter from Wiltz was the first lord of Beaufort.
After the second half of the 18th century it had been uninhabited for a long time and was only used as a quarry by the residents of the surroundings.
In 1928, the new owner of the castle, Edmond Linckels, started to undertake larger repairs and cleaning works in the castle’s ruins which had been neglected for 300 years. It was also him who opened it to the public in 1932.
In 1988 the site was classified as an historical monument.
Rue du Château L-6313 Beaufort Phone: +352 83 66 01